IS SALT, SALT?
FACT | Both table salt and pink Himalayan salt consist mostly of sodium chloride, but pink Himalayan salt has up to 84 other minerals and trace elements, opposed to table salt that is 97.5% sodium chloride.
We've been using salt to flavor our cuisine for centuries...insatiably enticing our palet. Yet, what is the difference?! Pink Himalayan salt is packed with diverse minerals and elements that make it incredibly nourishing for your body.
Pink Himalayan salt is much healthier than regular table salt. It's minimally processed to provide a natural alternative to regular table salt. Table salt is bleached and processed, stripping essential nutrients. It's that simple :)
Himalayan pink salt is shown to create an electrolyte balance within your body, strengthen bones, lower blood pressure, and improve circulation. It also helps to protect the delicate balance of minerals in your cells, avoid excess water retention, and prevent premature aging. Use it to help the body detoxify, boost your energy, improve digestion, and nourish healthy hair, skin, and nails.
BODY + MIND | Other Ways to Use Himalayan Salt
Himalayan Salt Water Solé
To get a boost of caffeine-free energy, you can add a pinch of pink salt to your morning lemon water or smoothie! To experience the full benefits of Himalayan pink salt, you can also make salt water solé (pronounced so-lay), which is water that has been fully saturated with natural salt to the point where it won’t absorb any more.
Pink salt water makes a great sports drink: When we sweat and workout we lose minerals (or electrolytes), and solé is the perfect way to add them back.
INGREDIENTS | Himalayan Salt Water Solé
- ¼ of the way with pink Himalayan salt
- Room temperature filtered water
- Stir and leave it overnight to give the salt time to dissolve. This is how you know you have a true solé solution
- Drink a sip or mix 1 tsp of the solé into a glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach
INGREDIENTS | USE IN THE BATH TO EXFOLIATE
- 1 cup Himalayan pink salt finely ground
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 6 drops of your favorite essential oil (Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus)