PUTO BATTER |
- In a small bowl, melt 1 stick of butter in a microwave. If using a pan to melt butter, use low heat possible. Do not burn the butter. You need 7 tablespoon of melted butter. (alternatively, you can use cooking oil or lard)
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, beaten eggs and 1 cup sugar. Whisk it until well combined.
- Add 3/4 cup fresh milk and pinch of salt. Whisk it and gradually add in sifted flour and baking powder. And add water little by little and whisk it to combine. If you have an electric hand mixer, beat it quickly until batter becomes bubbly. But don’t over beat it, you only need enough bubbles in the batter to make your puto become fluffy when cooked. Once it becomes bubbly, fold in your vanilla flavoring and matcha powder with a spatula.
- Your batter should have a consistency like a pancake batter and you should see some small bubbles (that’s a good sign your puto will become fluffy when cooked.)
STEAMING PUTO |
- Transfer the batter in a small pitcher, and one by one fill each silicon mold of up to ¾ full. Then carefully, place each slices of cheese stick in the center and let it float.
- Prepare your steamer, and let the water boil first. Then start placing the steamer rack on top, with clean cloth on top and place back pot cover to seal. Steam it for up to 10 minutes over low heat. Once cooked, transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 3 minutes and its ready for unmolding.
- Serve and Enjoy!